Get festive with tequila, without the embarrassing side effects! This marinade gives chicken a tangy citrus flavor with extra kick. (Most of the alcohol evaporates during cooking.)
Total Time: 2 hrs. 20 min.
Prep Time: 10 min.
Cooking Time: 10 min.
Yield: 4 servings
1 Tbsp. tequila
½ cup 100% natural orange juice
2 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
½ medium onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, chopped
4 (4-oz.) raw chicken breasts, boneless, skinless
1 dash sea salt
1 dash cayenne pepper
1. Combine tequila, orange juice, lime juice, onion, and garlic in a medium bowl; whisk to blend.
2. Place chicken in glass dish. Pour marinade over; toss gently to coat. Refrigerate, covered for 30 minutes to 2 hours.
3. Preheat grill or broiler on high
4. Remove chicken from marinade. Season with salt and cayenne. Discard marinade.
5. Grill or broil chicken for 5 minutes on each side, or until chicken is no longer pink in the middle.