A deliciously easy and incredibly healthy broth-based chicken, quinoa, and
sweet potato soup made in the crockpot.
1 and 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 cup quinoa
2 large sweet potatoes (1 pound or ~3-1/2 cups)
1 can (15.25 ounces) black beans
1 can (14.5 ounces) petite diced tomatoes
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1 packet (1.25 ounces) chili seasoning mix
5 cups chicken broth*
Optional: fresh parsley
1. Spray the slow cooker with nonstick spray. Remove the fat from the chicken breasts and put them
into the slow cooker along with the rinsed quinoa.
2. Remove the skins and chop the sweet potatoes into cubes adding them into the slow cooker.
3. Drain and rinse the black beans and add those in. Add in the undrained petite diced tomatoes,
minced garlic, chili seasoning mix, and chicken broth.
4. Place on high for 3-5 hours (It took 4 hours on high for my crockpot.)
5. Using two forks, shred the chicken and stir all the ingredients together.
6. Add salt and pepper and if desired fresh parsley.
7. Serve immediately.